We’ll be back in-person at 9AM on September 25, 2021!
For 18 years, the Newstead 5K race has kicked off the new school year in South Orange-Maplewood, attracting hundreds of enthusiastic runners and walkers for a morning of healthy activity, connection and fundraising. After a virtual “INstead 5K” last fall, we’re thrilled to be able to run together again this September. Of course, if you’re not around that morning, you can still participate by running or walking when and where you’d like.
The race will begin at the South Mountain Annex at 9:00 AM on September 25th, with chip-timing provided by CompuScore. Race registration will open August 1st. Entry is only $25 per person until September 17; after that the registration fee will increase to $35. Participants will get our popular race T-shirts (while supplies last).
We are most grateful to the 63 local businesses and families who are sponsoring this year’s Newstead 5K! In addition to being featured on Achieve’s website and monthly newsletter, sponsors receive community exposure by getting their names or logos on the iconic race T-shirts.
- Gain recognition through print, online and social media from August through October
- Be featured on our famous T-shirts
- Be listed as a supporter on the Achieve Foundation’s website all year!
- See the list of sponsor levels and benefits associated with each.
- Click here to complete the 2021 sponsorship form
- Deadline for inclusion on T-shirts: Sept. 1st
You can save time on race day and pick up your T-shirt and race bib at The Woodland (60 Woodland Ave, Maplewood) during two times:
- Thursday 9/23 5-8:00 PM
- Friday 9/24 12-3:00 PM