The Achieve Foundation promotes access to experience-based STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Math) education for all students at all grade levels – including maker spaces, robotics, computer programming, CAD design, technology, bioinformatics and more. STEAM education combines art and creativity with new technology in all subject areas.
Everyone is invited to join us Saturday, April 30th between 10 AM-2PM for Achieve’s popular family-friendly STEAM fair, with FREE hands-on activities for kids of all ages.
Join us for a fun day that will include:
- outdoor STEM demonstrations and activities on Ritzer Field and the Springfield Avenue Gazebo (including Robotics, MaplewoodShop, Meet the Bees, Bubble-making and more!).
- Take+Make kits to be picked up at various SOMa locations and completed at home. Stop by A Paper Hat and BCB Bank in Maplewood Village, Finlay+Gage on Springfield Ave., or Cold Stone and Sparkhouse Toys in South Orange to get your take-home maker kits.
Note: Rain Date is Sunday, May 1st. #WhatWillYouMake?
It takes a village to bring Maker Madness to the community. Sign up here to help out on April 30th.
Thank you to our 2022 Maker Madness Sponsors!
Can’t get enough Maker Madness/STEM fun? Check out these OYO (on your own) hands-on activities and experiments to try at home!
And here are a few more old favorites from 2020:
- Create a LEGO Summer Scene with Achieve trustee Brad Schenker
- Try a mind-boggling experiment poking pencils through a water-filled ziploc bag. Why doesn’t it leak?
- Get detailed instructions to make an icosahedron with Achieve trustee Larry Boyer
- Recycle used crayons and creating artwork
- Build a geodesic dome out of cardboard with our friends from Maplewoodshop.
- Play Mind Games on Kahoot! with Eyal Ben-Ari.